The Wellington Nursing Home is a 102-bed residence licensed by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (LTC) and fully accreditated under the Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation.
The Wellington has been designed to promote a true “home”, a sense of well-being and the enrichment of everyday life through activities of daily living, leisure activities, health and personal care.
AMENITIES, FACILITIES, FEATURES AND PERSONAL ATTENTION SERVICES
- A secure unit and outdoor space
- Spacious lounges and outdoor garden areas
- Formal intergenerational programme with licensed daycare facility on site
- Variety of room sizes available
- Nursing and personal care services on a 24 hour basis, including medication administration and assistance with activities of daily living
- Three meals a day with snacks in between. Special and therapeutic diets, dietary supplement and assistive devices to promote independence
- Supplies and equipment necessary for the provision of medical, nursing and personal care
- Social, recreational activities and therapy programs
- Physiotherapy 5 days a week
- In-house physician
- Monthly Family Support Group
- Family Advisory Council
COMMITTEES / GROUPS
The goal of Family Council is to be an advocate for those unable to speak for themselves. It enables families a channel through which to express concerns and ideas to bring about a positive change.
We believe that every resident has the right to be independent and make one’s own choices. Restorative care is planned care which helps residents to regain a skill which they used to have. This could include: eating, walking, a.m. care, activities of daily living, and strengthening.
Volunteers, an integral part of our resident care team, provide hands-on support for resident programs which include activities, visitation, pet care and more. The Volunteer Program is coordinated by the Resident Support Services Manager.
We value family and friend’s presence throughout each person’s journey. Our care is holistic and focuses on comfort and quality of life of both resident and family. Our special palliative are team provides care and support in meeting our residents and families individual needs.